Happy July!
Yes, I've been extremely remiss in posting on my blog lately. What? Only one post in June? What the heck? Do I have any readers left?!!
I vow to try and be better about updating... as a matter of fact, I currently have three separate posts in the works and even pictures to go with one of them AND at least one more post idea. But until I get them posted, I will leave you with this link to visit a friend's blog about what not to say or ask adoptive moms.
Fake Kids: Real Moms
It's interesting that as we've moved from one aspect of our journey to have children to another, we will still be questioned about our route to parenthood. When we were IF with no kids, we got asked all the time, "When will you have kids?" "Why don't you just do IVF?" "Why don't you just adopt?" "What does that (IVF or adoption) cost?" "Why don't you just accept that God doesn't intend you to be parents and move on?"
Now that we have kids (and are still IF), we have a whole 'nother gamut of questions... "Are those your real kids?" is probably the most popular right now.
They may not be legal yet but, yes, they are my kids and, yes, they are real. 'Nuff said.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


2 comments:
I'm glad you liked my blog post and I hope your readers do too! Adoptive moms are real moms and their children are real, too. Rock on, sister!
I'm still here! And anxious to read more!! =)
Post a Comment