Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Busy Month

Once again, I find myself apologizing for my lack of blogging... this month has just been so busy. We've been spending every spare minute trying to unpack. I haven't even begun to decorate yet... no pictures on the walls and you know that drives me absolutely batty! I considered writing several posts and backdating them, one for each subject of our lives, but I'm too tired for that right now.

We're enjoying the new house, even with the hardships a new used home offers. Our irrigation pipe burst, we had to take down cupboards to get our fridge in, we had to set off bug bombs, have propane delivered on a Saturday after waking to cold showers, replacing the water heater, etc. etc. Gil's also had to go out of town for work, as have I, and now we're taking off for a Je.ep Jam.boree this weekend and he's out in the shop right now slaving away on finishing the fabrication of the custom cargo rack he's making and getting the air system and CB antenna hooked up. We have to be moved in enough to host four guests from Germany in September for three weeks.

Adoption update... we have the social worker from our new county of residence coming tomorrow to do our home inspection so our fost-adopt licence can be updated. Our old social worker has not answered her call to send our file over... from a request three weeks ago! I told her today to call his supervisor. She wanted to reschedule our meeting for tomorrow but decided to go ahead and keep it because our schedule is so wacky right now. Thank goodness; I didn't want to wait any longer.

Infertility update... I saw a Reproductive Endocrinologist and Infertility specialist last week. It was an event that was both refreshing and stressful. We had a great hour-long consultation and he seems to think we should not have any problem getting pregnant by IUI, which is something he wants to aim for doing in September already. Because of my amenorrhea, he performed an endometrial biopsy to make sure I don't have any abnormal cell growth in my uterus. Apparently, all I have is "proliferative endometrium" which is an expected state when you don't regularly menstruate. All my labs are normal, which isn't something I'm used to hearing.

Basic health update... I've had a numbness in the medial part of my left foot for the past three weeks or so. Because of my existing sciatic and low back issues, I assumed it was just a flare-up. I saw an orthopedist last week and he essentially confirmed the relation. Since it's just numbness and a bit of swelling and I don't have any weakness or anything, there's really nothing that can be done. I just have to take 800 mg ibuprofen three times a day. Well... due to that, in part, I think, when I turned to grab a falling baby gate from going down the stair, I tripped and ripped one of my toenails back. I have a very tiny sliver of it left but I essentially now have a naked toe. However, the numbness also masked a lot of the pain that would normally be associated with such an event so I guess I'm thankful for that.

I think that's enough for now. More to come soon.

No comments: