Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tip: Paint After Unpacking

We had some great help from friends and family moving our things out of storage and into our new home and we are so deeply appreciative of that. There are just some things, though, that only we ourselves can do. Gil had to travel on business this week and is just getting home tonight; I've been trying to get things unpacked in our main living area, adjusting to working with our new internet and having to work late due to work demands, and painting. It's been a lonely but extremely busy week.

In retrospect, the painting could've waited. Gil thought it'd be easier to paint our bedroom prior to moving any furniture in rather than having to move it all out to paint later. Okay, I get that. So I spent Monday night unpacking the kitchen, but then spent Tuesday night, last night, and tonight painting. 2 coats down and I'm sitting here crying. It's streaky and you can see overlap lines, parts are way darker than others.

Gil came home tonight and told me it's the curse of dark color. He, however, neglected to get me paint with primer in it. I suspect it will take at least two-three more nights and possibly that many more coats to get it all evened out. I hope it's worth it. Right now, I'm feeling it's been a complete waste of time. I could've spent these past three nights emptying boxes instead of breaking my back and getting a kink in my neck wielding a paintbrush and roller.

1 comment:

Terry Orr said...

Oooooh,baby girl, now that's it's completed; I have bedroom envy! It's so beautiful.