Just in case it was ever in question before, I will admit it now. I've lost my mind! Maybe I've lived in the country too long already after my time as a "city" girl. Maybe I am just alone too much, working from home and staring at a beautiful landscape, yes, but one with just not enough action.
This is the view from my office window... the gorgeousness I get to bask in every day.
Today, I got a major case of the chuckles when I saw a big ol' semi truck (or tractor trailer as some call 'em) driving in reverse (yes, BACKwards) a little over a quarter-mile down our lane from the main road in order to pick up some cattle from the place just east of us.
And I chuckled even harder when I thought to run down and take a picture.
I do realize you can't tell the truck is driving in reverse from this picture; you'll just have to take my word for it. I am impressed by good backing up skills. Even more so when they're done with big rigs like this.
It doesn't take much to amuse me.
I realize I need a longer lens for my camera but this is as close as I could get from a window in the upper level of our home. Cows are being chased up onto the ramp and into the truck. Or, to be more accurate, into the trailer.
Have I mentioned how much I love this old barn? Oops, maybe I haven't mentioned it yet. Here's a link to a picture of the barn from my old photography blog I haven't updated in months. I even like the old water tank on stilts that is actually just on the other side of the fence from our property.
I grew up in the country where we raised our own beef and cut our own hay so this isn't "new" stuff for me. It's just been awhile, I guess. Either that or I really do spend too much time alone out here in the boondocks with nothing terribly exciting going on.
And in a completely un-related matter, we've been dealing with a lot of early daytime fog lately. Unlike a lot of people, I love the fog. It never lasts long and as long as I don't have to drive anywhere, I find it very comforting to be encased and blocked off from everything else around me. Yesterday morning, once it got a bit lighter outside, I had to take a quick break from work to walk outside and snap a few photos of our trees against the fog. I have a thing for trees... don't ask. This is probably one of my faves, though, of the trees just on the other side of the corrals adjoining the barn. I love the fading of color from bottom to top and how the trees are ghosted while the corrals are so stark in the foreground.
Yep... too long in the country. I love it.


2 comments:
I feel the same way (says the crazy lady who stood in the road and took pictres of combines . . . )
Nothin' like getting back to one's roots.
I love the picture of the trees in the fog!!!
Post a Comment