Monday, January 18, 2010

Monday's Musings

I am thankful for... unconditional love of family by blood and family by choice. This past month and a half has been a huge struggle for me - physically, emotionally and spiritually. I am grateful for those who stand beside me and love me through it.

Outside my window... a pitch black sky with a beautiful shining sliver of moon and bright stars. It feels like a spring night out there rather than one supposedly in the dead middle of winter.

I am going... insane by reason of insomnia. I've been lucky enough to have my husband beside me every day and night for a solid month and this is our first night back into his traveling schedule. I miss him terribly.

I am reading... a fellow HP sister's blog and twitter feeds detailing their journey in trying to get their adoptive son home from Hai.ti, whether by immigration visa or huma.nitarian parole. She was in Hai.ti visiting her son when the quake struck.

I am hoping... for a better year than this past one (or three). Though there have been some joys and major blessings scattered in, the years since we were married have been tumultuous with grief, sorrow and being stressed to the max by crazy schedules and house projects.

I am hearing... a muted tv with news coverage of the destruction in Hai.ti. I thought looking at a tv screen with my burning eyes might prompt them to shut and allow me to go to sleep. So far, it's failed.

One of my favorite things... a raspberry limeade drink from one of my favorite burger places I figured out the recipe for! Mmm.

Here is a picture I'm sharing... our nieces (family by choice) square dancing; with those skirts, I just had to make them twirl! One of the last things I did before we moved was to go watch them at their performance capping off a session of square dance lessons. I still need to get them copies of these pictures. I just want them to know they are not forgotten and we miss them terribly.

No comments: