Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I'm a winner!

I never win. I can play the lottery, join in on a football pool, enter contests, whatever, and I never win! I'm just not lucky that way. Last Monday (July 14th), I received an email from JCTV, a Christian music tv station, telling me that they were giving away free tickets to a Casting Crowns concert that's being held in a neighboring city this coming Friday (July 25th). All I had to do was email my name, phone number, address, and a picture of our front door to the tv station. They were going to draw for tickets on the 20th and said they would notify the winner by email. I never received an email so I figured, as usual, that I wasn't the winner. I picked up the mail after work today and found an envelope addressed to me from JCTV. I thought it was really sweet of a tv station to send consolation letters to the losers... how very Christian of them! So I open it while sitting at the same stop light twice - and four tickets to the concert fall out! Wow! I could barely believe it. In just two days, we'll be going to see Casting Crowns! How cool is that?! (For those of you that don't know, Casting Crowns is one of the coolest Christian pop/rock bands on the airwaves. Their song, Praise You In This Storm, is on my playlist... hopefully you have your speakers on to be able to hear it!) 

To my friend, Jen S: Here's a picture of the tickets.  Guess this is as close as you'll get to them now!  :)  Just kidding!  Wish you were going with us.

No comments: