Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

It's Christmas Eve! I'm trying really hard to focus on the things I love about celebrating this holiday and less on what actually happened to cause Christians to start this holiday. Think of it... God even deemed it important to come to earth in the form of a baby, born of a virgin... the miracle of it all is fabulous for the roots of my faith but oh-so-hurtful to my soul's deepest desire of achieving pregnancy and having my own baby, even by conventional methods. Egads! I know He can make us pregnant despite the disease and I'm still struggling with WHY He chooses not to. I really wish I could figure out the reason and I don't know what I'm over-looking.

However, despite all that mess, I said I'm choosing to focus on the things I love about celebrating this holiday... mainly just being with my family... laughing, eating, playing games, eating, drinking, laughing... some of my favorite things I mentioned more than once, if you noticed! I'm so excited to get home so we can start our family traditions. I don't get to see my family very often so I'm just excited to see and be with them and that's gift enough for Christmas. I don't have to worry about being around little children and pregnant women until Friday, and though that may not seem like much, it's a gift to me and I'm thankful for it.

If you're reading this, I pray for you to have a Christmas filled with all of your favorite things, too. May you be blessed with His love and filled with the spirit of the season. I pray that you'll be able to find some moments away from the commercialization of this holiday.

Wishing you a very merry and blessed CHRISTmas!

(2008 Christmas Picture)

No comments: