Gil and I did some selfish shopping this past weekend and found some new furniture for the living room. When Gil was home sick for two days last week, he realized just how old and uncomfortable our old furniture is/was. We literally were sitting on the springs and our backs would ache after watching a movie. We looked only at leather furniture because with the dogs, it would just be easier. And writing that, I just realized I no longer have to vacuum the furniture! YAY! That was a huge backache for me. Anyway, we found a set in a color and comfort of our liking and were offered too good of a deal to pass it up. We hadn't been planning to take on this expense but we justified it by thinking of our backs. :) We brought the "chair and a half" home yesterday and while hauling it into the house, realized that this is our very first furniture purchase as a couple.
So without further ado, here's our new furniture! It was just delivered tonight.

The loveseat... the center piece folds down for a cupholder. Both sides recline (same with the couch) all, and I mean ALL, the way back... like laying flat on your back! Nice.

The chair-and-a-half reclines, too. No more ottomans (or hassocks, as Gil calls them).
4 comments:
Very, very nice!!!
NICE!!! It's really nice to treat yourself, isn't it!!
I have to admit I turned a very deep shade of green, but know that it comes with many blessings for this lovely treat to yourselves. I can't wait to try them out - now I might be able to get up and not look like a turtle on her back! Merry Christmas!
I have to say I've had the pleasure of sitting in this furniture and it is VERY comfy! Lucky Ducks!
Post a Comment