Gil's birthday was Thursday but we were planning to celebrate it with his family on Sunday. I had him go through my cookbook to pick out what kind of cake he wanted me to make and he chose the peanut butter - chocolate marbled cake. It turned out rather pretty, I thought, and I even made my own peanut butter frosting and marbled it with chocolate frosting. Then I had the bright idea to put a cover on it to transport the cake to Grandma's house. Got there, took the cover off, and half the frosting came off with it! Fortunately, taste isn't always connected to visual appeal! I should've left it unfrosted and it wouldn't have been ruined... isn't it pretty?
I also had to take this picture... just because. I sat down to check email briefly Sunday morning and Karma joined me on the couch... then stayed there when I went into the kitchen to frost the cake and cut up some fudge I had also made. Isn't she cute? I love, love, LOVE my new furniture. I've never been a huge fan of having animals on the furniture but the longer I have my furbabies, the less I mind... especially now that I don't have to break my back vacuuming the furniture every week! That was quite the chore. Now all I have to do is wipe off the furniture with the duster that I spray with a bit of leather-safe, orange-scented polish! Easy Cheesey! Karma will be 11 months old on the 28th and we've been watching closely for her first heat. We're seeing some good signs and it should coincide closely with the new year. Isn't she absolutely precious?
We're celebrating Christmas with my family, as usual, then we'll celebrate with Gil's family afterward. It's nice to have snow outside... it's been at least 5 years since we've had a White Christmas and Gil's hoping the conditions are favorable for snowmobiling with my brother. We considered taking the dogsled with us to run the dogs while we're at the homestead, but our time there will be brief and we want to spend as much time as possible visiting with family.
Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas.


1 comment:
The gingerbread house and marbled cake are making me hungry!!!!!!!! LOL
I'm glad you got to hang with such great friends! :)
Post a Comment