Monday's Meme on Tuesday
This week's meme is a day delayed due to dedicating yesterday's post to the Ste.elers and their fabulous sixth Su.per Bo.wl win! YAY!
This particular meme was going around on fac.ebook last week and I thought I'd share it here as it actually gives a lot of information about me not normally discussed in everyday conversation.
25 Random Things About Me
1. I chew my fingernails when I'm stressed... which, unfortunately, seems to be these past two months.
2. I like black licorice (as well as red but that's not as odd).
3. I do NOT like pink... or lace or ruffles.
4. I LOVE office supplies... more specifically, pens, notebooks and stationary.
5. My first "real" kiss (meaning the kind that made me want more) was when I was 23.
6. I only had one television channel growing up, and no VCR until I was a junior in high school.
7. I was made in France and born in Germany.
8. I love puppy breath.
9. I used to party like a rock star and now can barely stomach the bar scene.
10. I met my husband on the internet through a local country music radio station's singles' site.
11. I love horses... petting them, brushing them, playing tag... but RIDING them scares the holy livin' life outta me.
12. However, I absolutely LOVE riding my steel horse... y'know, the Harley.
13. I never had college or career aspirations growing up because I always thought I'd get pregnant five times, once with twins, and do nothing but be a mom and wife. Hah! God apparently didn't have the same dream for me.
14. I used to drum with my (ex) boyfriend and his drum group at powwows.
15. I was born with a fractured skull and suffered two concussions by the time I was one. That explains a lot. (This is the story as I remember it so it may not be accurate. See the first five words of #16...)
16. I have a horrible memory and no talent to succeed at any one thing... I can do many things sort of well, but not one thing REALLY well... and that bugs me. (I'm talking hobbies here, not emotions.)
17. I LOVE books and have tons but have only read about half of them. We made sure to draw a room just for a library in our house plans, hopefully to be built within the next year.
18. I have literally been "around" the world. I went on a pilgrimage that started in New Jersey, then flew back over the states and Pacific ocean to Japan, the Philippines, up to Moscow, Russia, down to Israel, then to Italy, France, Portugal, and back to New Jersey.
19. About a quarter of my elementary and middle school teachers were the same ones my parents had when they were in school 25-30 years before.
20. I have always dreamed of visiting Ireland at length, even of living there, but have never been there.
21. I HATE owls. They seriously creep me out and are bad omens for me, even if I don't believe that's how they are to others.
22. My mom tells me that when I was a little girl of about six, she started noticing my fascination of motorcycles and that I used to say I would grow up to marry a Harley man. God made that dream come true even though there was never a motorcycle in my life until Gil.
23. I am really, really scared at the thought of having to seriously reduce the amount of grains I ingest and enjoy... no pasta, no bread, and worst of all, no pizza. I don't know if I can do it.
24. I am almost always cold, to the verge of freezing, despite the enormous amount of fat insulation. They say the fatter you are, the higher your body temp? Hah! I'm lucky if I even make it 97.5 degrees internally (a full degree lower than "normal"), much less on the outside.
25. I love dogs (real dogs, of greater than 15-20 pounds) but HATE cats. One of my biggest pet peeves ever is cats... hearing them meow and most especially when they rub against your legs. Ugh. Makes me shiver just thinking about it. LOL - I just realized I said "pet" peeves when talking about pets.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


1 comment:
I thought #7 embarrassed you -- now it's on a Top 25 list: and at #7. Me thinks, you feigned the embarrassment all these years and are actually quite proud. XO
Post a Comment