Wednesday, March 4, 2009

M.I.A.

Yes, I realize this is the longest absence I've had from posting since I began this blog. I apologize for those few of you who follow faithfully... things have been absolutely crazy. Here's a summary of a few things to catch y'all up to date:

Throughout the month of February, Gil and I were waiting hopefully on a promising adoption lead. After 3 weeks, we knew it was a lost cause. It would've been a private adoption, completely separate and unrelated to our journey with the state's DCFS. I know I'm just now admitting this publicly as we've been trying to keep a low profile on what's been going on until something actually happens, but this is actually our second adoption loss since the first of the year. We had another lead during the first two weeks of the new year that ended up falling through because we live 400 miles too far away. I've never been pregnant but I would liken the feeling of an adoption loss to a miscarriage... you try so very hard to attain your dream and when it's just barely reached fruition, it's snatched out of your grasp to leave you mourning. It's been difficult, dealing with these losses and trying to understand the reason, especially after having to deal with the loss of our fertility, also. And two losses already. Ugh.

We had Karma spayed on February 19th after dealing with her first heat throughout the whole month of January (yes, 4 full weeks of changing panties on a dog). On Feb. 20th, just an hour after picking her up from the vet, we left to spend a week with my family, so we had to be careful about how much running, jumping, and getting dirty she did. Now that we're home, we've noticed some quirky attitude changes in Karma... she started crying (read: screaming) for about an hour after we'd put her in her crate to sleep at night or when we'd leave in the morning... she stopped eating her food (or rather, started spilling her it all through her crate)... she's been really clingy when spending time with us in the house, wanting to sit on my lap. Last night, we discovered the cure to her crying at night: we let the furbabies sleep in the bedroom with us. This is something that we allowed until Karma outgrew her baby crate; when she was a little puppy and we tried having her sleep inside, she would only ever want to play with Mojo all through the night so we began crating them all at night so she wouldn't be alone. Last night was successful - no crying AND no playing... she's apparently calmed down enough in her old age of 1 year!

I am officially a member of the Jeep community again! We've been wanting to get back into a Wrangler since Gil got rid of his a year and a half ago... and I've wanted my own for a long time, long before I met Gil even. Last week, we were drooling - yet again - over Jeeps and found too good of a deal to pass up. We've been wanting to get out from under my car for awhile and were able to do it! Now once Gil gets his Willy up and runnin', we'll each have our own. Until he can start working on his, he's talking about putting a small lift on mine. We're already talking about taking in a Jamboree or two with our other Jeepin' friends! Here's a picture of MY Jeep:


There is more going on right now (not Gil or myself specifically) but for confidentiality reasons, I cannot disclose anything at this time but please just keep us in your prayers for a special intention. After reading through my post, it feels like I should have more to say because we've seriously been running our hineys off for the past three months... tonight is the first night in two weeks Gil and I have had more than a single hour together at home during the evening hours. These next few weeks will be just as busy but I hope to be better about squeezing in a quick post every day or two.

No comments: