Monday's Meme
Working in the Coalmines... reminds me of that song by Le.e Dor.sey...
Workin' in a coal mine
Goin' down, down, down
Workin' in a coal mine
Whoop! About to slip down
I don't know how the "writer" of these memes chooses questions to put together... they don't make sense as a "group" to me... no rhyme nor reason, no relationship whatsoever.
1. What is your job and do you like it?
I am a Coding Education Specialist at a local hospital/clinic. I “educate” (and I use the term loosely!) the providers (physicians, PA’s, nurses) in several different departments on correct coding and documentation guidelines. I perform audits and research new technologies and coding methodologies. I like the auditing and research portion of my job. I even like interacting with the different providers but I find it "challenging" to educate intelligent physicians who get frustrated with the “system” enough to throw it all out the window.
2. What do you do to unwind after work?
Most nights, I don’t get to “unwind” right away. I come home and take care of the furbabies and get dinner going. After things are cleaned up, I’ll sit on the couch for maybe an hour and either read, surf the net, or watch tv with the hubby.
3. Who have you known the longest of your friends?
I have several friends I’ve known since daycare and head start. Such is life when you grow up in a small town. Amazingly, a few of them remain some of the closest friends I've ever had and the rest still remain friends on the rare chance I get to see them.
4. Who do you go to for advice?
It all depends on the subject matter. I go to Gil first for just about everything, I go to my mom for a lot and I have a handful of other close friends that I’ll call. If it pertains to IF and/or adoption, I go to my "sisters" at HP.
5. Not counting your current relationship, how many times have you been in love?
In retrospect, I don’t believe it was true love. There are two men I had “serious” relationships with in my life before Gil and with whom I thought I was totally in love with at the time. I still love them - or love who they were - for the purposes they served in my life, but I never truly loved or was loved in return until Gil.
6. What is your favorite snack food?
Popcorn. Love popcorn. Hate getting kernel shells stuck in my gums, though. I also like ice cream.
7. What is the best meal you ate this week?
That would probably be the buffalo wings this past Thursday. We frequently do boneless wing night at BWW with our friends, T & S. YUM-O!
8. What, to you, is the most important factor in romantic attraction?
The things that attracts me the most romantically aren’t physical at all. The depth of love, respect, concern, sense of humor even… the deeper we get emotionally, the better the romance is.
9. What do you think is your worst habit?
Yikes… I have a lot of them, mostly expressing myself through attitude rather than physically. Gil says chewing my fingernails, which I do when I’m stressed. Unfortunately, I’ve been stressed a lot in the past year.
"Working in the Coalmines" meme courtesy of Saturday 9.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment