Friday, April 24, 2009

Lost in Chaos

Wow. I do believe this is the longest absence I've had from blogging. And here I swore to be better this month... and the month is almost over. Needless to say, life has been extremely chaotic of late.

Gil has been looking for a new job since Christmas, something more in line with his ethical business beliefs and personal morals. Positions for his level of education and experience are difficult to come by, as are most any type of job in this economy. Almost 3 weeks ago, Gil's boss from a short-lived job he had last summer called him out of the blue, said he knew he was looking for work and to come talk with him. On the spot, Gil was offered a position that was too good to pass up and it means we will be moving closer to my family. We are sad to be leaving the home, family and friends we have here, but are excited for this next leg of our journey.

(** As is my way, I will give no specific identifying information on my blog about names or locations and I would appreciate anyone leaving comments who know us and where we're moving to please not write about it. Thank you. **)

I had to talk with my own boss about my position and I gratefully and thankfully can say that they are working with me to allow me to keep my job and work remotely from home. I am very blessed and do not take this for granted.

Gil started training with his new job this week and in the midst of that, we began to try and find realtors to list with for the sale of our home. We met with two on Tuesday and were supposed to meet with another last night and another on Monday before making our choice. Again, through the grace of God and His expeditious ways, the cousin of one of my co-workers was looking seriously to buy and we had them over last night to look at the house. We made a buy-sell deal on the spot so... we've already sold our house! Before we even had a chance to list it! Yay!

Now we're working with a separate realtor where we're moving to find a small piece of land on which to build our house! Yes, we're planning to build! We drew our plans ourself and are so excited to be able to see it come to fruition. We have another crazy, busy year ahead of us. Then, hopefully, we will start to feel more settled into our lives and can start living without constant change.

The biggest downside to all this is that it will put our adoption(s) on hold. They won't place with us if we're homeless, which is essentially what we'll be until our new home is finished enough to pass inspections. I'm still on track, however, for having my lap surgery to see if I have endometriosis or not and I'm still requesting a referral to the new REI starting in July. So we're not totally delaying everything in trying to grow our family.

And with that, I'm off to finish packing up my books. I may be lucky to have only 2 boxes left... lots and lots of books. Then it's off to all the pictures. Whew!

1 comment:

Terry Orr said...

In regard to Lost in Chaos....just make sure to put a label on everything, okay? That includes yourself....we want to be able to determine where you are and where you belong! Love you!