Monday, April 27, 2009

Oldies but Goodies

Monday's Meme

Remember back in the days....

1. What were your favorite cartoons when you were a kid?
Loo.ney Toons, Smu.rfs, The Flin.tstones, and The Je.tsons

2. What was your favorite music? Your fave singers?
I grew up on all the music my folks collected so it was very eclectic… some of my fave’s in the late 70’s/early 80’s were Flee.twood Mac, Car.ly Sim.on, Ala.bama, and Ken.ny Rog.ers.

3. Who was your best friend growing up?
I don’t know that I had any single best friend as there was a group of us who went from day care to graduating high school together. I was also really close with one of my cousins, who was practically like another brother growing up.

4. Any embarrassing fashion fads? Example: funky clothes, wild hair etc....
Junior high to early high school… the rolled and tucked pant bottoms, men’s funky print shirts, those sweaters with huge blocks of bright colors all over, colored socks to match the shirt, and the female mullet hair-do. At one time, I even wore a dog collar as a bracelet.

5. What did you want to be when you grew up? Did you become that?
I thought I wanted to be a pediatric nurse or elementary school teacher. No, I didn’t become either of those and it’s probably a good thing. If I had to be either one of those while dealing with infertility, I’d probably have been committed to the insane asylum by now.

6. Are you still a kid at heart?
About 50% of the time, yes I am. The world is a much brighter and happier place when you can find the novelty in basic everyday things.

Meme courtesy of Randomness.

No comments: