(Psalms 34:19 NAB)
I'm both struggling and desiring to have the same faith as David. It's been a rough week.
My friend, Thelma at "Life as Two", wrote this post earlier this week that so eloquently sums up all the feelings jumbling around inside me. She has been blessed with the gift of prose, of putting into words things I've yet to figure out how to even vocalize. I have the same issues she describes about my career... because at some point in the past 5-7 years, it has become a career rather than just a "job". It's definitely not what I planned for my life but it is something I've been given to keep my life occupied in the absence of other things. I have a good career, I have people who look to me for problem-solving and advice, I have managers who encourage me to expand even further, I've had coworkers try to get me to apply to be their supervisor (never!) and, for the most part, I think I'm really good at what I do. It's just not what I want to do. And I'm becoming increasingly frustrated with having to do it every day.
Here's something Thelma said in her post:
In Isaiah 55:8-9, God says,
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways,"
declares the LORD."
As the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
Not the plan. Not my plan, at least. Not our plan. Our ways aren’t His.
It boggles my mind that my life is not upside down or backwards to Him. As much
as it feels like a jumbled mess, He’s pulling it all together.
I really encourage you to click here to read her entire post to get a better understanding of where all this is coming from.


No comments:
Post a Comment