Saturday, June 20, 2009

Under Contract

It's official! As of today, we are under contract for the purchase of our new home! We couldn't have found anything more perfect for our needs or desires. It's in the country with fabulous views of the mountains and mature landscaping already in place. In addition to the typical living/dining/kitchen, the house has 4 bedrooms that we'll use as bedrooms, 2 bathrooms a separate family/game room, a separate library/office that has 2 additional small bedrooms/bonus rooms, and 2 2-car attached garages. The shop is a story in and of itself! It's a 30x50 shop with a 20 ft door AND has separate (ranch hand-type) living quarters at the back end. I'm so darn excited! Everything is move-in ready and if we weren't persnickety about our dogs, we wouldn't have to do a single darn thing. However, we'll replace the flooring in the main rooms, taking out the carpet and replacing it with hardwood. If I was a normal person, there wouldn't even be any remodels needed, but I already have plans drawn in my head for a larger master bathroom with an enlarged walk-through closet. I need room for my shoes! :) If everything goes as it should, we'll be moving in at the end of July. Yay!!!




This is the view looking west.

This is a barn on the property behind ours. It and the silo were built in 1920. I just love the look of it and had to "antique" it to make it look more realistic. I'm so looking forward to living away from neighbors only 30 feet away again!!!

2 comments:

Sonya said...

That's super exciting for you guys! We'll have to come visit!

Tina @ Girl Meets Globe said...

I've fallen behind in my blog reading, but HAD to comment on your new house. Beautiful! Congratulations!! Aww, country living!! And LOVE that silo & barn behind your property. Enjoy!