Thursday, July 2, 2009

Life's Good

I promised my mom pictures of our new appliances so I'd better follow through. Monday night, we went in and ordered all new appliances for the house. The house comes with all but the washer/dryer but they're older and pretty well used. The dishwasher looks pretty broken and discouraging. The range/oven wasn't in the best of conditions either, especially when compared to the one in the shop's living quarters which probably only looks better because it's newer. Taking all this into consideration, we just decided to go ahead and purchase them all. It'll take about 3 weeks for them to come in, which should be just about the time we'll sign on the house and be able to move in. We went with LG and here's what we got:

The existing range/oven is gas rather than electric so instead of having to do a bunch of conversions, and hearing that cooking with gas is so much better than electric, we decided to stick with gas. I'm told I'll have some learning to do, figuring out the differences between gas and electric, especially in the baking department.
Here's the fridge... just like the fridge we bought last year that I cried over when we left it behind in the move. Only difference is color. I'm hoping the stainless doesn't show the dust like the black did. All the sales' people looked at me funny when I said I'd prefer NOT to have the water/ice in the door... I'm one of the oddballs who doesn't, I guess. It has an ice maker in the freezer and water from the tap is fine for me.
And here is the washer (dryer matches). I even got the pedestals to make 'em stand waist high. Now I won't pinch my sciatic every time I do laundry! I'm so stinkin' excited to wash clothes for the first time.


We also got the microwave to go above the range and a dishwasher, but I decided it was a waste of space to post pics of those, too, as they're pretty basic.

So there you have it! Life's Good!

No comments: