Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mini Stur.gis

Gil and I joined the local HOG chapter last month and participated in our first community event yesterday. One of the senior residence villages in town has a "Mini Stur.gis" every summer. They put a tent up, have a live band, bbq and snow cones, square dancing, and bike rides! Friends and family of the residents come and everyone has a great time. The local HOG and CMA (Christian Motorcycle Assoc) chapters go and give rides to the residents and whomever else wants one. I decided to put my camera to use and stood back taking pictures. I took over 500 shots and filled my card to the point that I had to go back and start deleting pictures in order to take more. Here is just a small sampling of the great time we had.

Gil's first little lady.
And yes, that's him riding my bike. His Fatboy is a single-seater.

His 2nd little lady was a bit more excited. I love that joy on her face!

The young'uns had a great time, too.
It was hard for me to resist this little girl's face; she was just too darn cute.

Here's another lady whose exuberance rubbed off... I was practically laughing so hard my camera was shaking!
I feel the same joy when I'm riding my bike!

The side cars were a great way for those residents who can't walk to be able to enjoy a ride.

Our ride captain giving one of the square dancers a ride. Those skirts sure fluff out in the wind!




And here she is again... I told you she was too cute.
The local HD dealership donated bandanas and volunteered to do face painting and give fake tattoos.

We had a great time. It was a fabulous day to get back on the bikes (our first time since moving - yikes!) but even greater was the feeling you get when you do something that makes someone else so happy!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sara,]
This is so cool! I finally got on your blog and am teary eyed reading all your thoughts. Remember that God's timing is perfect and that someone (me) loves you very much!