Monday, November 16, 2009

Monday's Musings

The "Simple Things" for which I'm grateful...

I am thankful for... time. Without it, I never would've met my wonderful husband nor would we have had the chance to make it through that first year. God does know what He's doing!

Outside my window... is a view worth all the turmoil and hard work moving here took. I love looking out at those mountains.

I am going... to travel back to Gil's family to celebrate Thanksgiving next week. Gil and I had chosen Thanksgiving as the one holiday of the year we would host from our home for whomever would be able to come but since the move, we don't see his family very often. So it looks like we'll be traveling for Thanksgiving the next few years.

I am reading... medical coding journals. I have to cram in some continuing education for my recertification by the end of the week.

I am hoping... we're on the right path, the path God desires for us. I sure hope we're listening to the call and that we're able to accept it, whatever it is.

I am hearing... birds sqwaking. Think they're finally getting the hint winter is on its way?

One of my favorite things... music. Without it, I don't know where I'd be. Music shapes the spirit of my soul. I love all kinds (except gangsta rap and the screaming heavy metal)... jazz and blues, rock and roll, country, hip hop, and even pop. Yesterday, I was listening to Mil.es Davis and the Chie.ftains! Gil was thankful to be working in the shop; he thinks I'm crazy!

Here is a picture I'm sharing... in honor of our First Date anniversary. Six years ago today, Gil took me to Te.xas Roa.dhouse for our very first date... and the rest, they say, is history. I love you, baby.

No comments: