Isn't it crazy how nicknames can almost come to be such an integral part of our identity? While growing up and still to this day, my Dad calls me Sis and Mom calls me Suze or Suzy Q-zy. Honestly, if Dad ever called me "Sara", I thought he was mad at me. I had different nicknames growing up based on my initials and what they spelled out that have stuck with me since high school and that's all some of my friends ever call me by. One of my best friends, whom I met as an adult a brief 7 years and forever ago, calls me Chief.
I love my nicknames... and I love how having a nickname can be just one more personal connection you can have with someone.
So I can reference my children by more than just an initial when I write about them online, I am going to use the nicknames Gil and I have been starting to call them.
Henceforth, we now have Bubba, Miss B and Lugnut.
I will say that we've been a bit tossed at calling L Bubba and sticking him with a nickname that may unfortunately last through his teen years. We can't help calling him Bubba, though... maybe it's just too easy to say. We call our dog, Arrow, Bubbers, so who knows... maybe we just like the way it rolls off the tongue. Miss B because, well, she's definitely a preening little girl and a definite "little miss". Lugnut came about because he's the typical baby of the family, a stereotypical youngest birth order clown, a verifiable nut.
And we wouldn't have any of the any other way!
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


1 comment:
This makes the woman you STILL call Hoser nearly 20 years later giggle. :)
Post a Comment