Monday, September 22, 2008

First Day of Autumn

I meant to write yesterday but I got sick again.  From yesterday evening around 7:00 until this afternoon around 1:30, I spent about 20 minutes of every hour to hour and a half in the bathroom.  Major TMI here, but I don't think I've ever experienced diarrhea so bad.  I got maybe a total of an hour of sleep last night.  I'm so tired and sore right now.  This "illness" has now been going since last Wednesday... it started with a sinus headache and nausea, progressed to extreme body aches and migraines, sore throat... the migraine persisted throughout the weekend as well as extreme loss of appetite.  Then last night... Ugh.  I'm feeling better this evening and I was actually able to eat dinner.  

Anyway, here's the update from this weekend... our adoption class went much better this past Saturday than it did a week ago.  There was a lot more interaction and it wasn't so depressing.  They also brought in a panel of people to give their stories... a birthmom who has been reunified with her children, a 19 y/o boy currently in foster care and his foster mom, and a couple who has adopted their niece's 5 children.  We also met our social worker... sorry, our "family resource specialist".  He's a nice guy... sarcastic and dry... my kind of humor!  We're to call him one week from today to set up the appointment for our first home visit.  The additional 6 hours of training we're required to take for adoption are not scheduled yet, probably not for another 3-4 months, but they only have to be completed prior to finalization of any potential adoption so we've got plenty of time there.  Things are moving along!  

Gil started a new job today.  Sorry if we haven't shared news of this new opportunity with you yet.  He was offered a position and it was too good for him to pass up.  He is now the "General Manager" for a local automotive repair/maintenance business.  His first day went very well.  He's really excited and energetic about the work he'll be doing.  He's managing two shops and will frequently be driving between locations on either end of town.

I cannot believe it's autumn already.  The weather sure changed with the equinox.  I love the changing seasons but they seem to happen so fast.  I almost feel as though we didn't get to fully enjoy summer this year.  Now we're just barely two months away from the holiday season.

No comments: