Our little monkey's home. In addition to removing the tumor/growth on his leg, they removed a couple of cysts on his upper eyelid. We were able to pick him up after work but they weren't able to get him into surgery until 3:00 this afternoon so he had just barely come out of anesthesia. Poor little guy couldn't walk very straight or hold himself up on three legs to pee. He got sick in his crate during the little bit of time we had to run over to see Grandma and Uncle. We just barely got him and his crate cleaned up. We're now relaxing and he's getting antsy... you can tell the pain meds are wearing off because he's starting to wimper. He's pacing around like he's afraid to cave in to the desire to sleep. His bandage is slipping and I think we're going to have to remove it because the swelling distal to the bandage is getting worse and I think it may be too tight. His tumor/growth was in an odd location for keeping a bandage on. Things are okay, though. I just wish I could comfort him better.
*** UPDATE ***
Friday morning: Mojo cried and wimpered throughout the night and is continuing to do so as I write this. He's not allowing himslef to fall asleep; you can tell he's confused about what's going on. I just got off the phone with the vet and the shot they gave him before we brought him home was "supposed to last" but it apparently didn't. I have to wait another hour or two because there's currently no doc at the clinic and we need doctor approval for a prescription, but I'll be getting him some help hopefully in time for him to be able to take a nap over the lunch hour.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


1 comment:
Poor guy! I hope he recovers fast!
Post a Comment