Gil and I went on a man-hunt today. Or more like, were forced into a dog hunt. The three furbabies got loose through an open garage door and took off running. I caught up with Arrow in the backyard of one of our neighbors, engrossed in sniffing all the fun smells of their two dogs. Mojo and Karma, however, decided to take Gil on the run of his life... and I'm sure when he heard screeching wheels on the big through-street north of our house, he about had a heart attack. He was able to finally get Karma to know he meant business so she laid down and did her submissive dog routine (she doesn't come but will lay down, roll over on her back, and let you get her), but Mojo continued to run. I had, by this time, gotten Arrow safely locked into the kennels at home and hopped in the Jeep to resume the search. I passed Gil leading Karma home and he pointed me in a general direction of where to look. Thankfully, it didn't take long and I found a group of young teenage girls holding onto him and showering him with affection at a nearby softball field. I couldn't begin to thank them enough and had barely hooked him to the leash when Gil comes around the corner in the truck. Apparently, these girls had called the number on Mojo's tag and were able to tell Gil where they were. Thank goodness there are still good Samaritans in this world.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


2 comments:
They look like they know they were in trouble. I'm glad all are safe. I hate that feeling when you just don't know.
Ground those, babies! Ground them!
Post a Comment