Well, our life in our old town is officially gone. We have moved 400 miles away from Gil's family and closer to my family. Gil's job brought him this way and there was no reason to argue. I'll miss my climate, that's for sure. Not looking forward to more precipitation and gloomier weather as a biker and Jeeper, but I'll survive! What rides and trails we will traverse will be much better. Quality over quantity, right?!!
We drove about 1,500 miles this past weekend... 2 trips back and forth to get the remainder of our life packed up, moved and stored (in addition to the 3 other trips we've made in the past 5 weeks). We are officially "homeless" and begin the house search this weekend. We've been looking at properties for two years, but haven't been able to physically act on it. We've signed with a realtor now and are eager to get going. Everything happened so fast... we're still a bit dizzy from the speed with which it all came together. We sold our old home before we could even list it... word of mouth only. One of my coworkers had a cousin... and the rest is history!
I'll miss what our old town is to us... it's where Gil and I met and fell in love, where we began our life as one. I made a lot of very good friends there and I'll miss them terribly. But I'm also really excited for this new chapter in our life.
We've just been very, very busy... and are very, very tired.
(For those commenting and who know me, please do not mention specific place names in your comment. Thank you!)
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment