CHROME!
Those who have known me for a long time would probably never have thought that I'd be so excited over motorcycle parts as a gift! My lovely husband, who knows my heart so well, gifted me for Christmas with a new brake lever and new turn signal hardware for my bike. Oh, I was just giddy as a schoolgirl when I unwrapped them! I've been wanting to minimize the breadth and width of my light bars because the stock lights just seem so... well... almost geriatric! :) I just love the look of a Road King with a single headlight... without the windscreen, it just looks (to quote another Tra.ce song) rough and ready. Gil completed all the adjustments yesterday.
Here's what the front of my bike looked like before any changes:

Here it is with the single headlight... no more auxiliary lights and lower profile turn signals:
This is what the rear-end of my bike looked like before, though I don't have an actual picture of my own bike for reference. This single photo is courtesy of TotalMotorcycle.com.
Now here it is with a lower profile. That big, heavy bar across the whole back of my bike and width of my saddlebags is now gone! Forgive the extreme close-up of this pic; the bike lift is right up against the garage door and I had to squeeze the camera in and take it without use of the viewfinder!I didn't post pics of the brake lever but it's just the billet-style to match my shift levers we purchased after our trip to Stur.gis in '06. We were riding into a small WY town (whose population grew by 1000% that week, I'm sure!) when I lost all power to shift. Luckily, I was only in 2nd gear so it was easy to roll to a safe stop. The gears were stripped on my front shift lever so Gil rigged the back lever to work as my front for the trip home. Isn't he just the most handy husband a girl could ask for?! So, it's nothing fancy or outstanding, just a different style to slowly customize the levers and linkages to make the bike more and more my own.


No comments:
Post a Comment