Sunday, January 18, 2009

My Favorite Things

Today was an excellent day altogether. Gil and I woke up late around 8 and spent a lazy hour together before getting ready for the day. Then, because the weather was up to just over 50 degrees today with a shining sun, we hopped on the bikes and rode around town, doing all our errands and small shopping. Thank goodness for saddle bags! It was so GREAT being on my bike! It's been way too long... since November, I think. The ice has melted off most of the side streets now with just a few patches here and there so other than the gravel on the corners, the roads were clear. Riding today has made me eager for winter to be over; I'm anxious to be able to get on my bike with more frequency.

We met some friends for lunch whom we haven't seen in awhile. It was so good to see them and visit for the few hours we did. I'm making a resolution this year to try and spend more time with my friends and being with M and N today made me realize how very much I want to hold true to that resolution; I miss being around people that I absolutely love being with.

Then we came home to get ready to watch the Ste.eler game with another couple of friends. I made buffalo wings, a cheeseball (my first and it turned out yummy), and some other odd-and-end snacks. There was only really one bad thing (an injured opposing player after an extremely hard hit) and our own Hi.nes Wa.rd injured and out for the duration of the game. I'm certain, though, that he'll be recupe'd and able to play in two weeks because YAY! We made it to the Sup.er Bo.wl! Go Ste.elers!!!

I have to say I had a most fabulous day, full of my favorite things: riding my Harley, watching the Ste.elers, and enjoying time with good friends. Now it's time to go to bed and sleep well before starting another work week.

No comments: