Saturday, October 11, 2008

First Snow, Fall 2008

Yesterday morning, we woke up to a skiff of snow on the ground and the wet, white stuff continued to fall all day. Temps didn't rise over 37 but was just warm enough to have snow melting and looking like nothing more than a dreary, wet, cold rain. Temps dropped overnight and we woke up this morning to this...

Our backyard patio table and chairs.

My flowers on the corner of our lot are officially dead, I think.

I took this through our bedroom window and screen (!) looking down our street.

A tree directly across the street from our bedroom. And no, it's not a weeping willow.

I love it! I know a lot of people don't like snow but I honestly love all four seasons and the transitions in between. The only thing is, we didn't have much of a transition with this one. We were enjoying a nice fall/Indian summer with temps in the 60-70's and overnight, literally, it dropped to 35 and started snowing. We went from not wearing any jackets at all to wearing our winter coats. Karma was such a small little pup when we last had snow, so it's really fun to watch her play with fascination in it like any small child.

1 comment:

Meridith said...

SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Wish I could come up there to visit and enjoy your Winter Wonder Land!!!