Thursday, November 13, 2008

Not Approved... Yet

It has been one month since our last home visit with the social worker. One month. And not a single piece of news or contact from him. I decided to contact K by email on Monday, just a friendly little note to say hi and see if there was anything happening with the approval of our homestudy. My email was “returned to sender”. I guess the state government’s firewall system is too protective. If that's the case, though, why do they give out their email addys? So I called him today and left a message for him. K called me back this afternoon and mentioned that we must’ve been on the same wavelength because he was planning to call me today anyway, despite receiving my message. Okay. If you say so. I can play along.

Apparently, in the month since our home visits (I swear it's been longer than that), the state decided to change the paperwork they require for prospective adoptive parents. Tomorrow, he’ll be mailing us more forms to fill out.

Great. It took us a month to figure that out.

The good news (if you can call it that) is K’s going on medical leave for 6 weeks to have his knee replaced on December 18th. Well, that's not the good news, but it means he'll have to complete all his studies before then.

And then more waiting.

I am still unable to forget his words during our last home visit: it takes about 4 years to get an adoptive placement. Guess this wait is just a drop in the bucket. Unfortunately, it feels like we've already been waiting 4 years, if you count all the time ttc (trying to conceive).

Lord, please help me be patient… not only patience in waiting but patience in understanding Your will and plan for our life.

1 comment:

Monika @ Lovely Bookshelf said...

Thank you so much Sara *hugs*

I'm sorry you are having to wait and wait and wait, too - 4 years is the norm? Gosh. :( It just doesn't seem fair, for the adoptive parents, AND for the children who need families. Praying for you and K, too!