It has been such a weekend of renewal, relaxation and recharging. We've been laying low, hanging out, and recharging our batteries. Gil worked as a mechanic rather than a manager Friday afternoon, replacing the brakes on a big commercial vehicle. His back is part of his medical disability from the Army and it was sure hurting by the time he came home Friday night. He couldn't walk well or do much Saturday morning, so he stayed laid up on the couch with me feeding him ibuprofen, water, and heat. I relaxed all day Friday, working on our wedding album (only a couple of years overdue) and planned an evening for pizza and a movie. While Gil watched the Gri.z game Saturday, my friend F came over and we shared what we've been able to do with our wedding albums and I was happy to see that we've made about the same amount of progress. Of course, she's doing it the old-fashioned scrapbooking way and I'm shamed to admit that I only feel a little guilt that I'm not doing that. I'm going the more digital route and making a photo book online.
Gil and I went to Mass last night and then out to dinner. Despite the crowds of a Saturday evening on the town, we were able to discuss our menu plan and other details for the coming Thanksgiving weekend. We came home to feed the dogs and do grocery inventory before heading to brave grocery shopping. We only went shopping at 10:00pm because we wanted to indulge in a lazy Sunday morning. Today, we had a great morning of sleeping in and then making omelets for breakfast. As I type this, football is on tv, the dogs are snoozing in various open floor spots throughout the house, and we're getting ready to do some small chores around the house.
I feel so much better and my mind in a happier place than it's been for the past week or two. I don't know what changed the tides, but thank you for the prayers if you offered them.
We have a busy week ahead of us and I apologize if I don't post as often. I'm excited for my parents to come to share the Thanksgiving celebration. We're going to be decorating for Christmas next weekend. Tomorrow is Monday and back to work. I'm going to face it with a better attitude.
The Real World is NOT What They Said
12 years ago


1 comment:
You and Gil really needed some "us" time and I'm excited you got it this last weekend. We're excited about the coming weekend. (Maya will be really excited, too. She needs friends). Squeezes and smooches, Mom
Post a Comment