Sunday, November 16, 2008

5 Year Anniversary

Today marks 5 years exactly since Gil and I went on our very first date. We remember it every year by going back to where it all started: the Texa.s Roa.dhouse. Yum!

We went to dinner early, leaving home during halftime of the Stee.lers' game. We were able to watch the second half at dinner, asking to be seated in front of a tv. I don't know if that was a blessing or what... it was so horribly refereed. I think the league refs should be put under some serious investigation. C'mon... 13 penalties to 1?! And the over-turned TD call at the end of the 4th quarter made by my boy, Tr.oy?! That's ridiculous! I'm not just biased because of these calls during a Stee.lers' game, but there seems to be a lot of horrible ref issues this season.

Anyway... back to Gil and me. It was our love of country music that brought us together so dinner at a good ol' country food servin' restaurant seemed fitting. Like any woman in love, I still remember exactly what we each wore and what we ordered to eat that long ago day in the middle of November. Here's the very first picture ever taken of us as a couple, after we had been dating for 3 weeks. Didn't we look young?

2 comments:

Sonya said...

How cute!

Anonymous said...

you make a nice looking couple...